Monday, October 11, 2010

Strength to do ALL Things


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
There are times when a supernatural dose of strength is needed.  Day to day, it manifests itself in different forms.  Sometimes it is the strength to step into the bathroom and scrub all the shower tiles...other times it's the strength to face one of your greatest fears.  This year I have come head-to-head with a towering giant, the health of a parent, and today I have found myself in considerable weakness.  In these times of frailty, God is accessible.  The pages of the bible offer comfort and His Spirit gives me the peace I need to stand firm upon the hope only He can give.

But what about those who don't have this strength?  Where do they go when their world is falling apart?  "When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I" Psalm 60:2.  These are the times I realize what a blessing it is that I know Christ, personally, and the fire is fueled in me to lead others to the Rock that is higher than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment