Sunday, April 17, 2011

Delighting in Another Day of Life

Psalm 139:16...Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.  And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. 
Beloved Family and Friends,

When I think about today's date and see how far the Lord has brought my Dad, I marvel and rejoice and acknowledge that we have a mighty and powerful God that knows our frame and knows our days.  It was 4 months ago today, that the doctor told my Dad that he gave him days to weeks of life.  No prayer, concern or even the smallest of thoughts has escaped the ear of our loving, heavenly Father...nor gone unaddressed.  Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers for my Dad and Mom.

A couple of weeks ago, my Dad was having high fevers.  At this point in his Leukemia,  his immune system is so compromised, that he is instructed to go to the ER if his fever exceeds 100.3.  When he finally went into the doctor's office the following day for a blood transfusion, they told him that he needed to go to the ER and that he sounded as if he had a lung infection, possibly pneumonia.  Tests came back clear of pneumonia but he was kept in the hospital for nearly a week to make sure that the bacterial infection in his blood stream was completely clear.  He was given very strong antibiotics intravenously, which essentially fought the infection for him.
 
He has done well since he has come home from the hospital.  He had a platelet transfusion last week and will be having a blood transfusion tomorrow.  He has been receiving blood or platelets about every other week as he has been getting weaker and weaker.  He also has quite a loss of appetite.  Please pray for continued strength, a good appetite and the ability to enjoy his days with my Mom and the family.
 
I apologize for the delay in sending this message to you all.  Thank you so much for your love and care for our family.  It is truly a blessing and a pleasure to be part of a family of believers who live out the message of the gospel of Christ.

In Christ's love,
Girl Delighted

2 comments:

  1. Hi!!! I wanted to post to let you know that God used you and your blog to give me the encouragement that I so needed. This blog is so great, thanks for sharing.xo rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosie. The encouragement is mutual.

    ReplyDelete