Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 1:: Sharing the Gospel of Christ in 31 Days




Palms get sweaty, butterflies begin their flight, encircling the deepest parts of the stomach.  Thoughts of uncertainty begin contending with the determination that brought you to the point of making that effort to open your mouth and share...

These impulses began for me the first time I was taken out by our youth group to street evangelize.  In my heart, I was willing to share the gospel with others, but to actually find the nerve to approach a complete stranger seemed an impossibility in my mind.

It's been 15 years since the first opportunity I had to share.  Since then, I have gone on short-term mission trips, lived in Japan as a missionary, become a wife and mother, and now live a very quiet and simple life as a housewife and homeschool mother.  It's no longer my job to share the gospel with others, but the call to be a light in my community endures.  We have all been given this wonderful gift of salvation, and we are called to share the gospel to a hurting world of family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, classmates...

I'm linking up with the lovely ladies at write31days.com.  Join me for these 31 days in October as we look into the scriptures to seek the Lord's wisdom in fulfilling the call of sharing His good news and to challenge ourselves to take that step in sharing with someone.  We'll look at:
  • Excuses that impede us from sharing
  • Why it is important to share with others
  • Tool belt of resources we have been equipped with
  • Practical sharing tips
  • Personal stories
You can find all 31 steps here.  I look forward to being encouraged by your stories in the comments section!

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen"
Matthew 28:19-20 

No comments:

Post a Comment