Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Smell of Freshly Cut Wood


I love the smell of freshly cut wood.  I suppose it's like those of you who like random odors, like gasoline, nail polish, etc.  I get my opportunity to smell wood when I go to the lumber department of Lowes.  This Saturday and Sunday we had our second annual Christmas Boutique at our church before and after our Womens Christmas Brunch.  So I headed off to Lowes to pick up some wood and bricks to prepare some crafts to sell at the boutique.

I imagine I must not be like their average customer.   I'm always looking at the wood, examining it to see which piece has the least blemishes.  Then when it comes to cutting the wood, I am always asking them to cut it up for me at just the right measurements.  What a high maintenance customer. 

Well at the end of my last visit, just as I heard the two employees talking about taking a break, I just asked them about their thoughts on Jesus Christ.  In each of my conversations I tend to find some kind of common ground, carefully bringing up topics that may spark something.  But this time I just threw it out there.  Both of them seemed open about listening to the conversation, and when I asked them if they would like to have an assurance of salvation, the younger of the two said he would.

Please keep Robert and Eric in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment