Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Something Different About You

Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.  2 Corinthians 2:15
My husband is a salesperson by trade but a baker at heart.  He has been often asked to make cakes for baby showers and birthdays.  On Sunday, he was asked to make 200 cupcakes for the wedding of some good friends of ours.  We arrived at the hall three hours ahead of time to set up the table and were welcomed by the owners of the Crystal Marque Ballroom, a family owned establishment.  And when I say "family owned", I mean it, as family members were all around us setting up for the evenings events. 

As we began setting up the table, the owner's mother, came up and asked us what company we were from.  Piedad was surprised when she heard that we were not from a business at all and that we were friends of the bride and groom.  As the day progressed, she continued to make several excuses to come and speak with us.  Finally, she said, "I see something different in you.  What is it about you?"

Now, honestly speaking, there is really no difference between me and anyone else.  I often fall short of the things I need to do in the daily occurrences of life and am constantly struggling through relationships with those I love the most.  The difference that Piedad saw in me, was Jesus.  The attraction she saw in me was the fragrance that Christ was diffusing in that place.  She listened to my testimony and marveled at the transforming power of Christ in my life.

Pray for Piedad to seek Christ for herself and to become that difference she saw in me.

2 comments:

  1. Forget about all that, tell me more about T's cupcakes!!! Forest

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was somewhat of an ambition for him to do the desserts for a wedding one day. It was all his idea to put a real rose on top of each one. At the last minute they asked us to decorate the whole table. It was a great experience for the both of us. We had a wonderful time working together.

    ReplyDelete