Monday, November 29, 2010

Thank You Kind Stranger

I was in a bind tonight as I was out running errands and am humbled to say that I had to ask a favor of a stranger.  My gas light was on and I was mortified to find that I had left my purse at my previous destination.  No wallet, no cell phone, there was no way I was going to make it anywhere to get help from someone I knew.  I was going to have to ask for help. 

Pulling into the station, there was no one around.  I reluctantly went to the man behind that counter and told him my dilemma.  Without hesitation, he grabbed his wallet and instantly punched in $5 into the credit card machine.  There are still kind people in this world that often seems cold and scary and uncaring.

I wanted to give him something back for his kindness...some token of my appreciation...and all I could think about was Peter when he spoke to the man that was crippled.  "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you:  In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk."  And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength...Acts 3:6-7. 

I had no money that night, but I wanted to give him Jesus.  And that's what I did, I took that moment and shared with him the love of Christ and how he wants to take us from our crippled state (emotional, physical, financial...) and give us strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment