Friday, December 17, 2010

The Dreaded News

I have often wondered what this day would be like.  I've feared and I've fretted and could never predict the painful ache that would resonate in my heart.  My father's doctor emailed me.  He is on vacation and will not be in the office until the 27th.  Judging from the results of the blood tests that were taken today, he suspects that my father's leukemia is back. 

It is perplexing, but the feeling that I am exhibiting is not fear, like I have felt since learning about his diagnosis,  but peace...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus...Philippians 4:6-7
This peace in my heart is evidence of a God that loves me and is concerned with the details of my life.  It is evidence that there is a God and His word is true.
I know this means that my time with my father is short.  We have had a year since he first went to the doctor and received the diagnosis, and it has been such a blessed time spent with him. 
Pray for me, that I will continue to have this peace, and that I will be able to delight in these moments that I have with my Daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment