Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Garden Update - End of Summer

In all the of commotion of hospital visits and going to the doctor with my Dad, I've gotten behind with some of my posts.  This is a garden update from the end of this summer.
This is what the backyard looked like at the end of last winter. 
I was so excited when I planted my little plants.  I was out there everyday checking to see if my plants had grown any :)
I actually didn't get any pictures of the most beautiful moments, but it didn't look too bad back then.
Click here to read some of the lessons I have learned through my gardening exploits...Depth of Earth

Another sweet little moment in the backyard.
Now that we are in the fall, I'm not sure what to do from here.  Time to look online and see about how to trim my plants.  Also have some lettuce seeds to plant.  We are in the seed unit in science for homeschool.  We'll see what we end up learning.  We had a great time harvesting the fruit of our labor.  Hopefully we can get to it, and one of these days I'll get to the rest of the 31 days of Chicken series.  Bear with me.

1 comment:

  1. I just went in my backyard today and almost everything was limp or dead. It has been so busy I forgot to water for about a month. So it excites me to see you have life in your backyard:). Doesn't the color and fullness of plants and flowers make you smile? I love the purple flower. Its hard to keep these things up when your walking through difficult times but the joy of the Lord is indeed our strength.

    ReplyDelete