Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 6 - Chicken Parmesan

Came home from bible study tonight and the chicken Parmesan had been devoured by my family before I could get a good picture.  This is my portion, which I reheated, but was still very tender and delicious.  Somehow, Italian food always tastes better as it ages. 

This recipe was adapted from a couple of different recipes that my talented friends have given me over the years.  I simplified mine to make it an easy dinner that we have a couple of times a month.  The panko bread crumbs are always stocked at my house, and give the breaded chicken a light and fluffy texture. 

Ingredients:

4          Boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
Seasoning salt and pepper to season chicken
2          Eggs
2 C      Panko bread crumbs
3 Tbsp Olive oil
8 slices Mozzarella cheese
1 jar     Marinara sauce
2 Tbsp Fresh basil, cut in strips
1/2 C   Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Whisk egg. Season chicken breast with seasoning salt and pepper.  Dip the chicken breasts in egg and then in bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set chicken in a baking dish.  Slice 8 pieces of mozzarella cheese and put two on each chicken breast. Pour your favorite marinara sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil and bake at 375° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with pasta of your choice and desired sides (bread, salad, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment