Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 7 - Grilled Citrus Chicken Salad

I love sleep.  But I refrain from joining my kids during their daily nap.  Today could not be avoided, however.  The temperature in our home swelled so high, and the air conditioner did not reach our bedrooms.  As I put my little guy down for his nap, I snuggled with him for "just a second", and I was out within minutes. When I woke up, my husband was already home and nothing was ready for dinner!

I planned to make Japanese Curry, but my husband thought it was too hot for that, so this is what I came up with...


I marinated the chicken in juice from one orange, 2 cloves garlic and a no-salt seasoning.  Then we put it on the grill while I cut up some romaine, tomatoes, purple onion, sprinkled feta cheese and made a quick balsamic vinegarette.

Balsamic Vinegarette

2 Tbsp   Olive oil
2 Tbsp   Balsamic vinegar
1 Clove  Garlic minced
Salt & pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and mix well.

A cool meal for a very warm evening.  Everyone loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment