Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Delighting in Preschool

For the last three years, my children have belonged to a preschool that is connected to our homeschool group at church.  We are so blessed to be connected to such a wonderful group of people.  We operate as a co-op, meaning that each family participates to keep the classes running and to organize field trips, our newsletter, a Mom's Night Out fellowship, and other fun activities throughout the year. 

Today we had the privilege of going to the California Science Center.  One of the families arranged for us to get there on a school bus.  I couldn't help but marvel at how generous the Lord is to us to give us such a wonderful experience!  And my kids being of preschool age!  Our favorite part was probably the marine aquarium where we had a chance to see a scuba diver give us a presentation about his gear and the fish he had in the aquarium. 
There were also three rooms that were perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.  I was very impressed by the fact that they supervised the rooms with plenty of help.  One room even had three helpers that were there to guide us through the rooms and play with our kids.  At one point is was just my children and I in the rooms so we had their undivided attention.  I was able to share my testimony with them about what the Lord did in my life when I was their age.  I shared with them about the love of Christ, His desire for us to know Him on a personal basis, and the plans that He will reveal about our lives as we draw nearer to Him.  One of the girls was very open to hear my message.  She admitted that this was something that she knew she needed in her life.  We prayed and I could see that there was an instant change in her countenance. 

Lord, I pray that you will continue to draw her closer into a relationship with you.  Draw them into a church where they can be led to You dear Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment