Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bringing Her Food From Afar...

She is like the merchant ships, she brings her food from afar.  Proverbs 31:14
When I was single, I had the opportunity to travel to many different countries.  I loved experiencing the new sights, sounds and flavors of the various new lands that I was encountering.  As a mommy with two small children, the term "overseas travel" has pretty much disappeared from our dialog.  I must confess that when our schedule becomes predictable, and the day-to-day tasks become monotonous, my mind drifts to those days of old.  That is when I need "a little more" for the day and I cry out to the Lord to give me fresh perspective.

In His infinate wisdom, boundless creativity...and still, small voice, He reminds me that life is still an adventure.  This time however, it includes two little souls who I have the opportunity to share my experiences with.  So I am purposing to bring the world to my family through food.  I may not be able to venture across the seas...but I can bring the flavors of the world into my kitchen.  Along with some good old fashioned lessons in geography, foreign language and the culinary arts.

Ultimately, I desire for my children to know Christ and am learning that sharing with them is as important as sharing with those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment