Friday, January 21, 2011

Delighting in His Thoughts Towards Us


How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!  How great is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand...Psalm 139:17-18

If you have ever taken the time to sit and ponder this scripture, you would marvel at the thought that such a high and lofty God cares about us and we are constantly on His mind.  And if His thoughts are on us more in number than the sand, then it means that He is concerned even when it comes to the little things in life.  This is how I feel about my living room redo.  I feel as though the Lord is right here, discussing and interchanging ideas with me.

This week, this thought was affirmed when I found this chair on my way home from a preschool meeting.  My initial thought was that it was going to be a reupholstery project.  When I go it home however, it was in such great condition.  From underneath, the chair looked very clean and the fabric was intact.  When I put it next to my window, it was the ideal size for that corner and the perfect color to go with the color scheme that I have chosen for the living room.  As I got a closer look, I was delighted at the detail of the tufted buttons.  I am happy to accept this chair as His special gift to me.

Have you considered the thoughts that the Lord thinks towards you?  He cares for every little detail in your life.  Even the ones you would consider to be trivial.  When we come to the point where we begin to see how much He loves us, it becomes that much easier to surrender to His will for our lives.  It also becomes much easier to trust in Him.  How much more must His thoughts be upon us when we are struggling through weighty matters.
Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you...1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment