In week 3 of our Women's Study we surveyed through Philippians 2:1-11 and contemplated this very topic.
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind, let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you lookout not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others...Phil. 2:3-4Paul, the author of the letter to the Philippian church, teaches us that we can have unity with one another and look past ourselves unto the needs of others because of what Christ has done for us. This is possible through 6 ways explained in the scripture passages:
- Through the encouragement we receive in Christ (v1)
- Through the comfort we receive from Him by His love (v1)
- Through fellowship with the Holy Spirit (v1)
- Through His affection and mercy upon our lives (v1)
- Through His example of being God, yet humbling Himself, coming down from heaven, becoming a man and dying the death on the cross (v6-8)
- Because He is highly exalted in heaven (v9-11)