Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Update and Prayer Request

I suppose I would describe it as a blessing and a curse.  A blessing because I get to be the one to walk side by side with my parents as they tread through this valley of affliction.  To alleviate some of the burden that weighs heavily upon them in the form of appointments and paperwork.  To be an encouragement and support when the emotional load becomes cumbersome.  To be the first to celebrate through the victories won throughout this last year.  Nevertheless, a curse because, often times, I am the first to receive information about his condition.  I am the one who has to break the news to my parents as things progress. 

A little over a month ago, I received the news from the doctor that he suspected his leukemia was back.  By the looks of his white blood cell count, he estimated that he had days to weeks of life.  I celebrate because my Dad is still alive.  He is weak and he is tired, but he is still here.  The Lord has spared him in the middle of flu season thus far, and I am so grateful to our God, and for you who are lifting him up in prayer.

Tomorrow he has a doctor's appointment.  His blood test today indicated that he needs a blood transfusion.  This will be the first transfusion that he has needed since leaving the hospital last year at the beginning of February.  Please pray for strength to endure physically and emotional strength to overcome discouragement.  Pray for my Mom to receive comfort, and rejoice with us for the grace and mercy we have already received.  Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment