Thursday, January 20, 2011

Please Mr. Postman!

We have a very friendly mailman.  Very jovial and inquisitive, he loves to start a conversation and ask questions about various topics.  I do not mind whatsoever because I believe that it gives me license to ask whatever questions that I want.  Of course the topic about God came up, and I was very surprised to find that he is an atheist. 

Now Jorge is someone that I will be seeing on an ongoing basis, so I am going to take this one slow.  Our first topic of conversation in regards to God was whether or not we believe that man is innately good or evil.  I told him that we are evil and he believes that man is good.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?      Jeremiah 17:9
I think my next question will be about whether or not he has peace.  I have not run into many atheists when I am out there sharing, so I think that is why it was such a shock to me.  Please leave me a comment if you have any suggestions you can give me.

Lord, I pray for Jorge, that You will begin to reveal Yourself to him.  Surround him with others who can share with him and may he even have a personal encounter with You.  Give me wisdom as I interact with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment